Sunday, July 19, 2009

 
Long time since I posted.

Much has passed. Matric camp was a very fun camp. Got burnt and tired. God really sustained me through the camp so that I could support Edmund and Xinyi in leading the OG.

The OG really showed me how much I would enjoy faculty and club orientation camps if they were not so filled with poly-ticks and SDUs. Gen-Acts Club though small and run by volunteers with nothing to gain besides experience and friends has gotten it right. Orientation camps should be about making friends and contacts rather than finding that ONE or filling resumes.

I guess I am very naive about the real world but hey a guy can dream, no?

In Soccer news, I feel Man City is the Real Madrid of England. They have a UCL-class attacking force but a Championship-class defence. Sounds very Newcastle to me. Only that Newcastle had proper transition from being normal to being title contenders. Shay Given will feel right at home.

Chelsea should never let Terry go because they need someone who is a home-grown player to lead the team. Pool and Man U both have such players. City might one day challenge Man U for the EPL but that season will be long after Terry's generation. I pray that for the sake of John Terry and England, City go bug some other team for their centrebacks. Maicon is not bad. So are Pepe and Steve Taylor. Why buy an aging player who is useless to anyone but Chelsea.

Chelsea Terry: Captain, heart of the team, hero
Man City Terry: 2nd Choice CB, Mistake-ridden CB and hated

Having 10 strikers wins you not the EPL unless they are RVN,Henry,Rooney, Tevez, Torres, Eto'o, Messi, C.Ronaldo, Anelka and Arshavin. And even with these ten great goal scorers, you still need a destroyer and 4 good defenders.

Chelsea seem to have a trouble with having depth in the right places. They have nothing on the wings beyond Malouda, Zhukov and Joe Cole. Anelka? Kalou? Di Santo?

I predict the way Chelsea and Arsenal are going, this season will be Liverpool's to lose. Man U.... I think will be out for this season trying to meld in the new talent and purge the ghost of the Ronaldo.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]