Saturday, June 23, 2007

 
New Beginnings and New Ends

As of yesterday, Marcus Yeo, a friend of mine, decided to leave this fair country for the greener pastures of Melbourne, Australia. What ever motives, dreams and aspirations he had for this trip across the South China Sea into the Pacific Ocean will hopefully be granted.

Here starts a new beginning for a friend who I felt chose a difficult path but still I wish him all the best. I know deep down inside, I feel much different from how I was expressing myself the day he left this nation.

Bon Voyage/good riddance: two ways of saying good bye to a friend. Both convey meanings of farewell but seemingly opposite connotations. Yet, many a times, we subconsciously/mentally wish both to the same person at the same time.

I am happy that he is able to find a place to chase his dreams even if it took him 3 years to figure it out. 3 years isnt much compared to 30 years or an entire working lifetime. Marcus chose his path, I hope he succeeds and finds a place to pursue his calling in advertising.

Bye Marcus!!! See ya in 1.5 years time!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]