Thursday, January 25, 2007

 
Happy Birthday To Me!!!!

24th January 2007 will hopefully be one of the highs of my life. It started less than perfect with me having to drag my half awake body to school for a laboratory lesson.

The good news was I knew what to do.

The bad news was I wasnt exactly doing the right things at the right time. Well, it was fun and educational. Relearnt my chemical lab skills while trying to complete what was needed. Simple chemical experiment, complex report....

At least my lab partner is cool. Has a cool name too: Felix. The lesson was fun also cause it was 1 big bunch of rusty chem engineers trying to do titration and stuff.....

After Chemistry lab, me, felix and lawrence went to science canteen for lunch. I took 1 look at the queues and I decided I was gonna save my stomach for dinner. Lets just say the queues were long and the food quality was so-so. Got myself buns and a drink.

Bio lab was next. I would say bio lab was interesting. We got to peer into microscopes and look at our cheek cells and some plant cells. Really cool!!!!! Got my finger blued by the methy blue, washed it off after the lab.

Went to the library to chill till close to 5 before rushing home for a quick shower then left for clementi MRT. I took a bus to clementi to avoid sweating and masking my cologne (its like wine now well-aged).

As I was about to get off the bus, I got an sms from Yixin saying she was at the station. I called the other 2 : Chris and Sel. We went on our merry way to Hanabi in Bukit Timah.

The place wasnt hard to find considering we got directions from at least 5 different people all saying it was good. We sat down and ordered our first round of food. No surprise we ordered like 10 plates of sashimi and sushi. Before the food could arrive, two dubious characters appeared: Jeremy and Jonathan. They ordered even more food including soft shell crab hand roll (interesting fact: soft shell crabs are called spider in Japanese) and japanese curry.

At last, our food came and it was great. The sashimi was fresh and well prepared. The sushi was well-rolled and not too stingy on the meat. Selene decided to be cute and undo the chef's hard work by unrolling the handrolls and eating only the wasabi. Well.... we all have our special ways of eating. The Unagi (eel) was quite tasty though wasnt as great as the sashimi or sushi. I found the fat roll quite interesting and delicious.

After dinner, we went to Island Creamery for dessert and chill.... Dun mind the pun...
The holicks ice cream was fantastic and so was the company.
Jon, Jerm and Chris were recounting how Selene decided to get drunk and make everyone ard her happy. It was rather funny what happened but thats not my story.

The night ended with me sending yixin back to boon lay and myself going home to rest.

The day itself was meaningless but it was I did and who I was with that made it special. I thank God (or whatever you choose to call him) for giving me such good friends and caring family. I hope that being 22 would mean I will be more mature and better than I was in the past.

Oh yeah, I got a cool bottle of Hugo Boss perfume!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Ian

P.S. Photos later.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]