Saturday, July 29, 2006

 
Outing with Yixin

Mood: Happy
Music: *silence*

The date is 23rd of July 2006. The purpose was to go out with Yixin to celebrate her Birthday. After all she was turning 21 in 3 days time, so as a friend, I thought I'd give her a Birthday to remember.

The planning for the thing started in Melbourne on 6th of June 2006. I was walking with my pal Chris, when i saw this cute soft toy penguin at some souvenir shop. I remembered she liked pengiuns so i bought it. Then came the TY bear at the Teddy bear shop. It was meant for someone else but i thought it would be more fitting to couple with the penguin.

The day itself, I went searching for the remaining accompaniments to the toys. these were the bag and the sunflower. The sunflower was too big and lonely according to experts. The bag was a bag so not really a focal point but I did put in effort to find it.

After buying almost everything except the sunflower, I went to BK for a drink and read Neil Humphrey's new book. It seems as i wa reading Yixin arrived at Raffles City but didnt alert me and I didnt alert her because we both thought the other was arriving at 13o pm not 1 pm.

We met up and walked around looking for lunch. The place we ended up eating at was crepes place. Nice ambience, nice food but when i looked at it from a bird's eye view, I felt it was a little to vulnerable. Whatever it is, we had a great meal.

She had a Salmon Crepe and I had a funny Turkey Salad. Great stuff!

We then went around Raffles city looking at jewelry and sports equipment. I was looking for a new pair of street soccer boots because my old boots were too small and old.

We then went to the fountain to chill while waiting for her friend to call her. While waiting, she played with my new HP ipaq 6828. The funny part was the game she was playing was fine till I came back from buying a drink then she could achieve a better score than 300 on Bubble Breaker. I tried once and got 484 which was luck (i swear). Then I challenged her to beat that score in exchange for a bonus prezzie. My phone decided not to cooperate and she failed to score above 484.

(Contrary to was others think, I am very generous though sometimes I try not to spend too much. People have asked me why i worked so hard? Usually I tell them its for my Aussie trip. Now, I say its the joy of spending money on your friends without worrying about not having enough for yourself.)

Anyway, we got a call from her friend, Xiao Jie, to meet us at Dhoby Ghaut MRT. So we met her, Yixin got a shock when Xiao Jie hugged her and then we went off to explore Plaza Singapura. Yixin went to look at Spotlight for some gift ideas.

Then, like all things, we went our separate ways. It was a good outing. Though there were things to make it better.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]