Sunday, February 05, 2006

 
FRIENDSHIP, CNY & SOCCER

Mood: Normal
Music: Chu Le Ai Ni You Neng Ai Shui? by Dong Li Huo Che

The festive season has come! With it came my 21st B'dae which was at best lousy due to military commitments. Anyway, my CNY started with a trip back to camp to settle my army crap on the 3oth night (Nian San Shi Ye). Then went late for my soccer match between my army guys and Kismis Utd. Needless to say, Kismis were beaten. I expected it, because the quality players in Kismis love to play with kites. In other words, they 'fly kite'.

From the post match report by Chris, Kismis was playing well for 1 half as they used the best of the players available to them. Part of the line-up included Muhamad Aly and Calvin who were excellent players.Calvin looked like Sze Khing which caused him to be called a ****er by Shawn by accident in jest. I also mistook him for the Khing. Must have been quite an experience!

After that, went with Sel and Chris for lunch at Lido. We had KFC and I saw a JC schoolmate, Christie. The rest of day, me and Chris followed Sel to shop for things she didnt buy but reserved.

Reached home by 5 juz in time to bathe, change and get into the car to go my Uncle's place. There, I watched soccer between Newcastle and Cheltenham. Generally, the new year's eve party was a bit boring.

The first day of CNY was not much better as I had to wake up early to go visiting which was fine. The thing I didnt really like was the long periods waiting for things to happen. A feeling and habit fostered from my army stint. Had a good time at my Uncle's place.

The second day was much more fruitful. I woke up later and was on the com chatting with my pals. My cousins came later as did my imp of a nephew. Had loads of fun with the little imp. Despite being 2 years old, he still refuses to communicate in a known human language. That makes for some surreal incidents with him. Chris, Selene, jon Dave and Aaron came over to 'spread the festive joy'. They left to go eat at Jon's place and I had a great dinner with my family. Nat, my impish nephew, of course was the centre of attraction for the day.

The third day of CNY was the best despite the fact that I had to book into camp for reasons not known to me. Anyway, the day started with me wanting to go watch Zodiac: the Race Begins at Orcahrd Cineleisure. When I got there, surprise, surprise, all sold out. Decided to call Chris and Selene to bring forward the meeting time from 4pm at Bugis to an earlier time. All I got was a 'Selene is going Great World City to shop and I am going to visit Andre' from Chris. Since Great World was nearby, I decided I would explore the CBD area and see if I could find the place on foot without a map.

Due to the predictability of Singapore, I found the place in less than half an hour. Explored the area for 1 hour plus b4 I met up with Sel. While she shopped at Zara, I was wondering around and confirming plans for dinner. Then came a message from Yixin saying she would only be able to meet us at 5 pm at Bugis. That suited me fine because Sel was shopping happily and I needed time to meet Chris b4 meeting her.

After Great World, we went to Bugis via MRT. Went to Coffee Bean and had a expensive coffee 'which I could make myself for 2 bucks'. Yixin arrived b4 five and Chris came at 1730hrs. Coming with Chris was Jon Dave which was a surprise as I expected him to be chasing some girl. We then decided to visit Bugis market which was closed.

I came up with a stupid (I thought) suggestion that we should juz get our food from Cold Storage. Chris modified my suggestion and we decided to go to Sky garden to have dinner. B4 we could go to Suntec, we had to wait for Yixin's best friend, Huifang. We met up with her in Cold Storage while looking for drinks.

She was as Yixin described her to be, Sunshine girl, funny and outgoing. She was also quite cute. Of course, her mum had cooked dinner for her so she couldnt join us. We then took the MRT to Suntec and went to Carrefour to raid their sushi and roasted meats.

Sky Garden was very beautiful and quiet so we could eat and enjoy the scenery. Yixin and Jon hit off quite well while Sel and Chris were doing their funny couple rituals. I was just happy to be with friends on the 3rd day of CNY. I dunno when will I ever have to do so little to be so happy?

The night ended with me sending Yixin back by MRT. Due to the time, I could not send her to her hostel but at least I got to know her better.


Unfortunately, things were not so good for Jon, Chris and Sel. Sel ticked Jon off for being a lamp post and Jon took offense. The rest is not known to me. Some how Jon has become very unhappy. I'm not blaming Jon or Sel because I dunno the facts and I doesnt involve me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]