Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 
Cable-Skiing, Zodiac and End of the chapter

Mood: Swinging! :)
Music: Xiao Wei by Huang Pin Yuan

Thursday, I went Cable Skiing. I was like Wakeboarding on a budget. No boat, no coach, juz a cable and a wakeboard. You need to be very good or very lucky to take off. Even Selene, the experienced wakeboarder had trouble lifting off the start point. Being there to enjoy myself, I went for the easier but more fun option. A modified surfboard which was more forgiving to cable ski on.

The experience was good in general, though I was very thirsty after the session. Joy, Selene's friend manager something Selene and myself could not do, go a full circle on the course, on the modified surfboard, of course . I failed because I was too tense so overcorrected when cable skiing resulting in a fall into the drink. Selene of course went there to wakeboard, so thats what she did. Well, she failed to take-off and the queue was too long for her to have that many chances to try.


In my previous post, I wrote that I wanted to watch Zodiac: The Race Begins. Well, I finally watched it at Jurong. Well, I would be lying to say I was great but I was good. Good for a local production on a budget and with a team of green horn animators. At times, I was impressive and equal to a Pixar film, but at times, it was no better than a Primary School puppet play done in a few days.
I would say, you should watch it to support Singapore's efforts to be a creative hub. Leave you skeptic brain outside and let the kid inside through.


The final point relates to the end of a chapter in my life. After reading through some of my close friends' blogs and Yixin's blog, I reflected on the times I had with them ever since the day I landed in Singapore on 25th November 2005. From 12th Feb onwards, 2 of my close frens will no longer be a phone call away. Chris and Sel have gone to Australia to further their studies and wont be back for 9 months. Juz like how Yixin is feeling with the impending departure of Huifang for her exchange programme, i feel like a part of me has flow to Aussie with them. Its like Ex. Wallaby all over again, only part of me is in Aussie while I am physically in Singapore instead of the other way round.

Play time is over in more than 1 way. The time to play around, chill and spend time with frens is coming to a close. The time to be serious and think about the future has come. As I will be 'retrenched' from the army in a few weeks time, I will have to find a means to gain income. (ANYONE HAVE LOBANG??????!?!?!).

University is less than half a year away, so time for me to relearn how to be a student and a educated person. No more Hokkien idioms, no more chat language, no more 3SG before my name and finally no more waiting for things to happen.

The biggest change will be the stress of success. No more will anyone push me in the direction to go! I will need to motivate myself to do well as Uni is more competitive than JC on a per test basis. I find it dumb but I guess it is necessary.

Hope to blog somemore!

ARUGONO BLAYDZ!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]