Saturday, December 10, 2005

 
Mood: Tired but Satisfied
Music: Crickets and Morning Birds

Funny how one trip to cell group can cause so much trouble.

The day started unlike any other day. I was awake till 4 am in the morning packing, cleaning arms and chatting with my friends in camp. Slept for 2 + hours then lugged my heavy bag back home after breakfast. Slept again.

I woke up to the sounds of my phone beeeping. Lo and behold, it was from my best bud: Chris. He asked me to meet at eleven thirty at his place so we could go Novena for a warehouse sale. We arrived at Novena square to meet Shahin. here comes the funny part, Shahin brought us to a shop IN Novena Square which was having a clearance sale. Didnt find anything very nice to warrant me spending money.

We had lunch at food court then went to Orchard Road to chill. Well, I went to chill but Chris went to meet his gf. I ended up following the 2 of them to cell group. The good news (really?) was that JD came along. So the three of us hogged all the attention being 1. new and 2. very vocal. Okay, I was quite quiet due to the fact that I was tired and I really knew little about Christianity. Little useful cell group stuff anyway. Cell group is to improve your knowledge of God's word and strength your faith. It is not a debate session unless both sides are well prepared like Chris or JD. Its like tutorial lesson as Chris says.

It did teach me some stuff but the small problem is I know where i will be going and it aint gonna be Heaven unless God has a really twisted sense of humor which he seems to have. Chris and Jon came out quite unhappy because of their more moderate and liberal views on religion in general. My view is simple worship God in whatever way you think is best. Its your heart and true deeds that will bring you to Heaven.

I got home super late and proceeded to go to bed. Then, the event happened. My stomach decided that it wanted to cramp up to test if that could wake me up. It did. I spent the next 2 hours feeling a bit like Jesus after the Roman soldier stabbed him with the Spear of Destiny.

Speaking of Jesus and the Spear of Destiny, yesterday's cell group discussed Jesus and his resurrection. From a medical point of view, Jesus should have been dead. The reason he is not is because he is God. I think more like God's son. He said he knew the way and he would lead his people to salvation and other good things. Sorry, if I sound a bit disrespectful but the jist is he promised that if you follow him he will bring you to his Father's kingdom: Heaven.There is no doubt that Jesus existed or that he did many amazing things but the point of contention is: Is Jesus still alive? The answer is Yes. Not because the Bible says so but because if God exists and has been with us since the Big Bang, then his son should be similarly eternal.

Okay, now all of the foundations of the world's biggest religion rests on the words of a Jewish blasphameous heretic. I believe this: Jesus is the son of God because no one has found his body and he disappeared after appearing to his followers. His job on our realm was done, he no longer needs his physical body. The time of miracles is over, now is the time of belief. Jesus preached the universal values in hope that those who do not have God or do not believe in his existence will have a chance to go to Heaven. Christianity is the religion that in effect built the modern world. Like all religions, it had is stupid times of indulgence. The Crusades, the Inquistions and mindless slaughters in Europe. The Jews were having trouble with geography, Islam was still developing, the rest of the religions had stagnanted. The nations which dragged us from barbarism to false civility were influenced by Christianity. The reason is simple, Christianity is very liberal and forgiving. Everyone screws up, killing them because they did something wrong is not going to help anyone.

I dun think Christianity is the only true way. It is but one of the easiest ways. This give rise to the belief of it being the only way. God doesnt care whether you speak to him in a mosque, a synagogue, a church, a temple or in the comfort of your own home. It is what is in your heart and your sincere actions that will bring you to Heaven. That is the common ground in all religions. Any religion that says if you pray X times a day, wear a dress and act like a fool but fails to insist you treat you fellow man/woman/child/animal with care is a religion of Satan. Karma is what is important. Treat others well, do things to heal not hurt. That is important.

Thats all I have to say.

Btw I am feeling much better thanks!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]